Thursday, October 25, 2007

ON BEING POLITICALLY INCORRECT

I am a Republican, born and raised and by general inclination. My love of history goes back to my grade school days when I read all of the "historical" type books in the school library. By the time I graduated from high school (Manila, 1962) I had read my way through most of the battles and campaigns of WWII. Land, air and sea. My senior term paper was on the Adolph Eichmann Trial (at that time it was still in progress. It was in high school that my interest in politics and campaigns started to grow. My freshman year (college) was on the Battle of Manila Bay (first shot to last shot).

history and politics are in my blood, an integral part of me. I just hate seeing people twist and corrupt the two just to satisfy personal beliefs and values. I especially hate it when they they mess with things that I have lived through and at times participated in.

I am a conservative in the tradition of our founding fathers, especially the Scotch-Irish Presbyterians who played the major role in the War against the English.

Being Politically Correct is just plain b.s.

This my opening shot, stick around and share in the fun. If you and I are like minded feel free to add a comment and a link or 3

Duane

No comments: