Monday, October 29, 2007

OH SO SAD FOR HILARY-POOR POOR BABY

At 63 years young I am definitely a child of the 1960s. No long hair (I was in the Air Force). Loved the music and I still do. Never saw any sense to love in the mud and all of that nonsense. We did enjoy going into San Francisco and into North Beach (Carol Doda and her famous 44s).
Never saw any sense in getting High or drunk.

I have a serious problem when it comes to the Clinton's and some of their pet projects. And I really have a problem WITH any idiot wanting to spend my tax dollars on any thing commemorating or glorifying that culture. Let the witch donate Bill's money, not mine.

Yippee, No Hippie Earmark

October 29, 2007

I’m a child of the ’60s. I had long hair and still have an album with Jimi Hendrix playing the Star Spangled Banner on electric guitar.

Boy, I love that music. But even so, I’m just not for taking taxpayer money to promote the Woodstock generation. That’s just not my bag, man. When it comes to earmarks, I just can’t make the scene.

But baby, New York Senators Hillary Clinton and Charles Schumer sure can. They think one million dollars should be taken from taxpayers and sent to a museum in upstate New York that commemorates Woodstock. They earmarked that cool million in a recent bill.

But, not so fast. Senator Tom Coburn offered an amendment to the bill to kill this earmark. And then a strange thing occurred: sanity broke out over much of the Senate. This million-dollar pet project was defeated, 52 to 42.

“I’m pleased my colleagues took a bold stand today in defense of common sense,” Coburn said in a statement. “Maybe this is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius for taxpayers.”

Tom Schatz of Citizens Against Government Waste quipped, “Taxpayers are dancing in the streets and saying ‘yippee’ over the defeat of this hippie earmark.”

And, as John Lennon probably meant to say, “When you talk about earmarks, don’t you know that you can count me out.”It’s gonna be . . . all right.

This is Common Sense. I’m Paul Jacob.

Click here to listen to an MP3 audio file of this episode.

No comments: