Thursday, May 1, 2008

MARGIE SAID...

Margie said...

I like your spunk old guy. You're just trying to keep the mind active I guess.

And the country boy schtick is so cute. I have a grandpa who does your routine because he never got over his lack of education. He often mouthed quotes he didn't understand -- stuff he cut out of old Reader's Digest magazines. We finally had to take away his scissors. By the way, that Orwell saying is a liberal quote. In fact, I think the quote is in the book What Liberals Believe. Check it out. It's never too late for some of that fancy book learnin.

1. I know that Orwell was (died in 1950 I believe)a liberal and I agreed with the quote long before your book came out. perhaps if you kids expanded your apparently limited reading material. Orwell did write some interesting things.

2. I am an old country boy---for real. Grew up in farm country in Wisconsin so no schtick, its real.

3. As for keeping my mind active---well if I listed all the good productive things I have done in this life--and still intend to do--you would would not believe it any way.

4. Did you show as much disrespect to your grandfather as you do to me??? If so, shame on you young lady. Or doesn't your generation know about showing respect??

5. I don't know what your grandfather did for a living or what he did in his every day life, but....I would guess that he had more practical, hands on education in the game of life than most of this younger generation. If he read Reader's Digest on a regular basis he probably had a pretty good education right there.

6. As for my level of education, it is quite obvious that it is higher than yours and those two ANONYMOUS people. At least you showed me the courtesy of including your name. Thank you. My personal library includes over 500 books on a wide range of subjects. Education includes a High School diploma from a School in the Philippines;
20 years of Education in various Air Force schools; a B.S. degree in Elementary Education; a Masters Degree in Single Parenthood from the University of Life; and an honorary PhD in Life Sciences from the University of Life.

All I am looking for is honest dialog, which is something all three of you young people seem incapable of doing.

No comments: