Thursday, May 1, 2008

DEDICATED TO TWO ANONYMOUS INDIVIDUALS

Just where do you feel that I fit in???????
You need to give me something to hang my hat on. Something more than you two trying to shut down my freedom of speech. It does irritate me just a wee little bit that I spent 20 years of my life, in Air Force blue, defending your right to be hate filled jerks. I shall go on defending your right to be anonymous jerks until they have to pry my key board from my cold, dead, hands.

Have a great day guys/ladies


What Liberals Believe
Thousands of Quotes on Why America Needs to Be Rescued from Greedy Corporations, Homophobes, Racists, Imperialists, Xenophobes, and Religious Extremists
William Martin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Duane,

I want to thank you for drawing attention to that book of quotations, What Liberals Believe. I went out and bought it to see what all the fuss was about. What a find! There are thousands of insights contained in this scholarly work. One of the book's thematic categories is called "Conservative Persecution Complex." Here is a sample quote that originally appeared in the Journal of Research into Personality:

"Remember the whiny, insecure kid in nursery school, the one who always thought everyone was out to get him, and was always running to the teacher with complaints. Chances are he grew up to be a conservative."
-- Kurt Kleiner

This quote really rings true. The biggest wimps from grade school have in my experience turned out to be right-wingers. To compensate for their insecurity, they invariably developed a tough-guy persona. One became a cop and another pursued a career in the Army. The Army guy left beacause he was gay. It turns out that his gay bashing was really self loathing.

Once again, thanks for the book alert. It has helped me gain some understanding of the contradictions and complexities of the conservative mind.